Monday, November 26, 2007

Hey guys! How are you all doing? Things are going all right with me, and I am now starting to get back into the schedule of Masters, after a nice Thanksgiving break.

To be honest though, I was really pretty lonely during Thanksgiving. It was the first real holiday I have spent away from my family like that, and it was different for me. I mostly just hung out with people and did some scripture homework. After we finished eating our Thanksgiving meal at 2 or so, I went to Chase's room and played a new Game called Rockband....which is actually one of the most fun games I have played. Imagine Guitar Hero, with a Drum set, Bass, and a Singer. Then you have Rockband. It was awesome! plus you can make the characters in the game look like you, so that was exciting. We ended up playing it till 2 in the morning.

Hmm...not too much on my mind as of late...although God has really been convicting me of a big problem in a Christian's life...Religion vs. Relationship. How we as Christians start to become like the Pharisees and concentrate so completely on appearing pure and holy and following the rules that they miss the whole inward part of being a Christian! They lose sight of what it is that makes a Christians life meaningful, and become blind to their own self-centered nature!

Besides that, I have been really struggling with inward patience for some people. You know how some people just rub you the wrong way? I am facing that here, and I need to have God's patience and love for these people, because I am struggling to be continually patient and kind with them. So if you guys could pray for me in this, I would really appreciate it!

Tim

1 comment:

Jean Woest said...

Hey Tim, Sorry to hear you were feeling lonely on thanksgiving. I actually thought about calling, but then I thought you were probably too busy helping people (serving pie, taking food boxes, etc) since Kenny said thats something MC does every thanksgiving. Anyway, thats probably just him. I'm glad to know that God's really growing you at such a fast rate. The rest of us here are having a hard time keeping up. j/k But in all seriousness, I'm really glad God's been doing His good work in you. I'll be praying for your patience for annoying people problem and if there is anything else you want me to add to your list let me know. Its end of the month so I'm reorganizing my intercession lists. Well, I'll try and give you a call sometime soon and then hopefully we can talk more.