Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Wow...rough day!

So pretty much yesterday was one of the hardest days of my life....at Masters, it is called boot camp, and they compare it to Hell Week that the Navy SEALs go through to be initiated.

I was woken up at 3 in the morning, and marched into our lounge area with the rest of students, where we were forced to stand in complete dark in rows of 7 by 10, completely silent, for three hours. Trust me, standing silent in a completely black room is a very hard thing to do for a long time. after this, we were all taken on a long run around the area and then they had us do a team building activity: Carrying one person up a steep hill at a time until only one of us was left. this meant that about 5 of us would have to carry one person up this hill until there were only 5 people left, in which only 4 could carry, until there were only two, and one would have to carry the other up the hill. After we did this, the last person would be brought up the hill by the rest of us laying down on the hill two by two so that the person could use us as a bridge to get up to the top. After we had gotten him up, and the girls had gotten their last person up, we went to one of the hills by the dream center, where the second year boys would have to push a truck up the hill and down it 3 times...while all the first year guys would do leg ups. A leg up is when you lay flat on your back and raise your legs up in the air a foot up. Basically this means that we would have to keep our legs in the air for around 4-5 minutes. If we didn't succeed, we had to run around the whole Dream Center complex, which is quite hard. We weren't able to get it done the first time...and ran. Then we had to do it again, but finally succeeded. After this, the girls had to do it. Once they had finished, 5 boys and 5 girls were asked to volunteer for the next 'trial'. I don't know why I did, but I volunteered, and was then told the next ordeal. The five girls would do leg ups again, while they guys would run around the Dream Center. The longer it took us to run the distance, the longer it was for the girls to hold up their legs. And if the girls dropped their legs, all of the girls would have to run around the Dream Center. In other words, us guys would have to run at a full sprint to make sure that the girls wouldn't have to run. I have never ran so fast in my life. We all managed to get the run finished in record time, and the girls didn't have to run. After this, I was so tired I could barely stand. The long hours standing silently, the running, the leg lifts, and that final race had completely wiped me out. And it was only 10 o'clock.

After the grueling morning, we were brought to the Church sanctuary to be informed of what we would do next. We were going to walk from the Dream Center all the way to central Hollywood...a good 4 hour walk. Once we got there we were going to line up along one of the streets, girls on one side, and boys on the other, and on top of each of the stars along the walk of fame, kneel down and cry out to God for the city of Los Angeles. Once we started walking, I entered a second wind and was able to keep up a good attitude with those around me, even going into a fun freestyle rapping deal that three of the guys, Dan(D-Jack), Blake, and Leo were starting. I provided the beat boxing, haha. Blake, one of the guys, is definitely the BEST freestyle rapper I have ever hear...actually stellar...completely a gift from God to him. anyhow, we reached Hollywood, and I knelt down on one of the stars with the rest of us, and started to pray for the deliverance of the city, the industry in Hollywood, and the world that is so affected by what comes out of the place in which I was standing. After we had prayed, we all went on some of the Dream Center buses which had come to pick us up to the Hollywood Ridge trail, where we walked up to a certain point. We were told that we were going to be prayed over by the second years and anointed with oil, to give this year to God in a real and tangible way. This was definitely the highlight of the day, and the spirit of God was so strong and amazing that everyone was deeply touched. After this amazing experience overlooking all of LA, we went back to the Dream Center and showered off all of the oil and went to bed. Although I was sore, tired, and weary, I had been so happy that I had experienced this day...It was the moment were I really decided that i was here for the right reasons, and that God had an amazing plan for me!

I really appreciate all the prayer that I am receiving from everyone back home, as it strengthens my resolve and commitment to completing this commitment to God. I love you all, and I pray for you daily! God Bless you guys!

5 comments:

Jean Woest said...

Um...thats sounds intresting...one question though about the boot camp day...WHY!!!!????!!!!!

Sorry, I sort of lost it there. I just don't like it when people at church camps do things like that because its what gives teh church a bad reputation as being like a cult. Plus I never saw teh scripture "Thou shalt do leg ups".
As you can see I don't get it. Perhpas you could shed some light on the reasons behind the madness.

Jean Woest said...

Sorry, didn;t mean to say church camps. I know MC is not a church camp, but you know what I mean.

Tim said...

Yeah the reason that we do the physical stuff like that is not to make it like a cult, but to form team unity and to realize that we are all doing this together, and it isnt an individual's program, it all of us together.

Jean Woest said...

Oh I get it! You guys aren't suppose to go all Leeroy Jenkins style while you're down there. ^__^

florin`67 said...

hey ,i have read your posts,i was so anxious to see what are you going through in LA!I am really stimulated to seek more God's purposes by reading the stuff that you are doing there.Bless you!